At FMU Online, we offer practical, career-oriented courses in a friendly online environment. As a student, you’ll enjoy a flexible course format, quality content, skilled instructors and personalized support to help you reach your educational goals.
Our student-focused educational philosophy makes it possible for you to earn your degree and still balance the demands of your life.
Our students face many demands on their time. Well over half maintain full-time employment while pursuing their degree at FMU Online, and most are also the primary income earner in their home. An even greater percentage of our students also have young children at home.
At FMU Online, we understand these challenges. Our busy students have the freedom to participate in their classes at any time of day that works for them.
At FMU Online, you can:
– Participate in your classes any time, day or night.
– Transfer eligible credits from other accredited colleges and universities.
– Apply to receive credit for past professional training or work experience.
– Learn from experienced instructors who are experts in their fields.
– Receive assistance from our friendly and knowledgeable student services staff.
– Get to know other online students from across the country and around the world.
– Research, study, buy books and more with the help of our online resources.
– Apply your coursework immediately in your work environment.
– Receive help applying for financial aid (available for those who qualify).
– Possibly deduct a portion of your tuition costs on your taxes.
Florida Metropolitan University is a senior college accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS) to award Associate’s, Bachelor’s and Master’s Degrees. The Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools is listed as a nationally recognized accrediting agency by the United States Department of Education. Its accreditation of degree-granting institutions also is recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation.
What is Accreditation?
Accreditation is a form of peer review for colleges and universities conducted by independent institutions-like ACICS-that operate on a national or regional level. The purpose of accreditation is to establish that a particular school offers uniform and sound educational training.
Accreditation can give you, as a student, the assurance that your hard-won degree will be widely accepted by employers, professional associations and other colleges and universities.
For more information on FMU Online’s accreditation, please visit http://www.acics.org.
ACICS, a non-profit education corporation, is recognized by the United States Secretary of Education as an independent and autonomous national accrediting body that accredits institutions of higher education offering programs of study through the Master’s Degree level.
The scope of ACICS recognition by the Secretary is defined as accreditation of private postsecondary institutions offering programs that are designed to train and educate persons for careers or professions where business applications or doctrines, supervisory or management techniques, professional or paraprofessional applications, and other business-related applications support or constitute the career.