As with any form of education, it is vital that you determine ahead of time what the best method for your personal needs is. Here are a few considerations to help you determine if online study could be the right choice for you.
High School Graduate
- The thought of college is daunting. This is little wonder considering all of the changes you are expected to make in such a short time and to make them while maintain grades in classes that are infinitely more demanding than you are used to. You are leaving your home, your friends, your family. Nothing is going to be familiar. These are stresses that can be avoided with online study.
- The costs of moving to a college campus, paying for an apartment or dorm suite, furnishings, food, transportation, utilities, the list goes on and the bills keep piling up. If this is a concern for you, then online education might be right for you.
Student Desiring Career Advancement
- You have a wonderful job but are finding that the dead ends seem to be increasing. You know that with some upgrades to your education, those doors would begin opening again. The last thing you want to do is to leave your job, it is why you are thinking of advancing your education. Online education can allow you to work and study, so it may be the perfect choice for you.
- Your family is as comfortable in your environment as you are. None of you wish to be uprooted at this point in your life. With online education, there is no need to relocate. Your college comes to you, to the very comfort and convenience of your own home. Could it be the right choice for you?
Making a Career Switch
- While it is true that you wish to move on from your current job, economic factors won’t allow you to stop working to attend college. Remaining employed while you study is a must. If this is you, online education can provide for this need.
Returning to the Workforce after Parenting Years
- The kids are all in school and there is little to hold you in the house these days. The job that you trained for in your youth is obsolete or unchallenging. You are ready to strike out into a new frontier. However, you want to be there for the kids when they get home from school. Online degrees can make this a reality for you.
- You want to re-educate to return to the work force now that the kids are grown but how can you study when your husband is in a successful career? The notion of moving is out of the question. With online education you don’t have to move!